I spent some time talking to Jason Ashcraft, guitarist of Helion Prime. We discuss the band, inspirations, Sci-Fi, Science, and the future. Their Music Video is linked below. The song at the end of the interview is "Ocean of Time".
Helion Prime was first conceived from a common love of metal and all things science. The band was founded when Jason Ashcraft (of Dire Peril) asked Heather Michele (of Graveshadow) to form a project with him. Between the two, they had worked with such artists as Mark Briody (Jag Panzer), Brittney Slayes (Unleash the Archers), Andy LaRocque (King Diamond), Ralph Scheepers (Primal Fear), and Niklas Isfeldt (Dream Evil). The concept; power metal with themes based on actual scientific theories with the occasional sci-fi tribute. The name Helion Prime was borrowed from an alien planet featured in the film "Chronicles of Riddick," a movie the two were great fans of. She accepted the exciting proposition without hesitation. The two recorded their first demo track in June of 2014, and with the help of members from Dire Peril and Axiom, Helion Prime debuted their first live performance in August 2014 at the Boardwalk in Orangevale, CA. The dynamic duo then released their first EP on February 26th, 2015 with a full length album in the works. Helion Prime’s lineup was completed after bringing Jeremy Steinhouse on bass and Justin Herzer (of Axiom) on drums. In August of 2015, Helion Prime set out on their first tour, playing shows in Oregon, Nevada, California, and Utah. Their debut album was released in early 2016...
- Alan Tecchio Interview - April 12, 2020
- Interview with Bruce Dickinson - August 18, 1998
- Chris Violence Interview - August 4, 2016
- Spiritual Sickness Interview - December 8, 2016
- Sucker Live in Studio - July 31, 2016
- July 3, 2016 - A Quiet Night with a Clown
- Corners of Sanctuary Interview - June 9, 2016
- Jeff Martin Interview (Blasted to Static / Racer-X) - June 23, 2016
- Vanlade Interview with Brett Scott - June 9, 2016
- Take Two Live in Studio - June 5, 2016